question

Paul Brian Mackey avatar image
Paul Brian Mackey asked

Getting started with Amazon Echo

I'm getting started with Echo development. The documentation says I can use any language. I am interested in using golang. Because Echo is cloud based and uses any old web service I'm not worried about golang support there. I plan to implement AWS. Can I use goloang with AWS? Also, is there a forum for Echo developer discussions?
web apps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jason H. Martin avatar image
Jason H. Martin answered
Your welcome email should have included a link where you provide your forum user name to get access to the Echo-specific forums. Regarding Golang, you can run AWS EC2 instances behind a ELB that can run golang just fine. The Amazon Linux AMI includes GoLang 1.2 or newer: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/amazon-linux-ami-201403-is-now-available/
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Nick Gardner avatar image
Nick Gardner answered
Considering that AWS allows you to simply run pretty much anything that will run on linux, and then put that behind a load balancer, you can do exactly that with golang or really any other one that's not directly supported. Jason is correct on the forum question. There are echo specific forums, but you will need to be whitelisted for those, and there should be a link to request that in the invitation email that you go. If you are still having issues after you've filled out that form and have waited for access, please let us know and we'll look into it. Thanks, Nick
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
I might be in the same boat as Paul -- needing to find the Echo forums. The link in my invite takes me to these forums. Is there some place I should be going that's specific to the Echo? Thanks, Steve
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
Steven - this was the link I got when I registered for the AppKit forum, however there doesn't seem to be any content. https://forums.developer.amazon.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=48
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
Hi Nick, I am able to view all the AppKit materials, and I registered my forum name, however I'm still not able to read the Alexa specific forum(s). Any chance you're able to help me get access? Thank you much.
10 |5000

chad avatar image
chad answered
I can't get into the Echo dev forums either, I followed the link in my email and it asked for my forum name, so I provided that, but am unable to access any echo stuff. It has been approx 24 hours.
10 |5000

Steve A avatar image
Steve A answered
Ah...thanks. Never did get that link, but as you say....there's nothing there. Is there an forum that people are actually using, I wonder? Surely there must be some questions!
10 |5000

logikz avatar image
logikz answered
I'm also unable to view any content in the sub forum. Is there a resolution to this?
10 |5000

The Stig avatar image
The Stig answered
No idea. I spoke with some of Amazon's developers at the Developer Day in DC this past weekend and they just said that they would look into it.
10 |5000

Amazon Customer avatar image
Amazon Customer answered
Has anyone been able to access the Echo Developer Forum yet? I have a login and can get to the AppKit and everything else but when I go to "Alexa AppKit" forum it's still blank.
10 |5000