question

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare asked

C# SDK and/or ASP.NET MVC sample

[On behalf of: Accelerated Pic...] Can you give an estimate on when Login with Amazon will be added to the .NET SDK (or released as a stand-alone SDK if that's likely to happen first before it gets added to the .NET SDK), and can you also give any insight into whether there is a sample or tutorial planned covering integration of Login with Amazon into the ASP.NET MVC framework? We'd really like to get Login with Amazon integrated into our site, and we can obviously roll our own C# wrappers, but rolling our own would mean we'd have to maintain all that custom wrapper code going into the future. Word on the status of an official .NET SDK version would be much appreciated.
login with amazon
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
[On behalf of: Maarten88] Adding it is not very hard; Starting from the MVC Internet Website template, create an AmazonClient subclass of OAuth2Client (using i.e. FacebookClient from aspwebstack source on codeplex as a template), change the url's and parameters for Amazon and then, in AuthConfig.RegisterAuth() do OAuthWebSecurity.RegisterClient(new AmazonClient( clientId: "amzn1.application-oa2-client.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx", clientSecret: "xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"), "Amazon", null); I stumbled on a problem however, see https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=172955&tstart=0 .Amazon can't deal with the anti-xsrf that DotNetOpenAuth uses. If Amazon fixes this problem (or tells me how the problem is mine) and i get it to work I'll write a blogpost and provide my code. I guess Microsoft might eventually add it to DotNetOpenAuth.
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
We do not yet have an estimated timeframe for the release of a .NET SDK. However, once we have an estimate we will post it here in the forums.
10 |5000

shaqspeare avatar image
shaqspeare answered
[On behalf of: Accelerated Pic...] @Austin, is there any chance you can reply/update to Maarten88's question (linked to in the previous post) so C# devs can at least roll their own until the official .NET SDK is updated? As I understand his post, it sounds like .NET apps are currently facing blocking issues trying to roll our own.
10 |5000