question

charliebigorange avatar image
charliebigorange asked

Invalid Registration Id

I'm now receiving an invalid registration ID despite using the same security profile to get the API key and client ID and Client Secret, Ive doubled checked everything, re registered a hundred times to get the registration ID over and over. Retrieved the access token over and over and consistently get the Invalid Registration Id Error. This leads me to believe it could have something to do with the fact I created another security profile on a different account with the same details that is inteferring, I contacted support and its been removed but it hasnt remedied this problem, is it possible something is still lurking in the background? Charlie
amazon device messaging
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

William Erickson avatar image
William Erickson answered
Can you please provide the registration ID you're enqueuing to, and the approximate time (including timezone) of when you tried to enqueue?
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

charliebigorange answered
Registration Id = amzn1.adm-registration.v2.Y29tLmFtYXpvbi5EZXZpY2VNZXNzYWdpbmcuUmVnaXN0cmF0aW9uSWRFbmNyeXB0aW9uS2V5ITEhdDRvN2NOZXArTWUxQVdaTTRrOFEvcW1WOHhvRlFkOWNyaVZibEpXNmpLM3lSYjJ4S0lGb3ZmZGsrTEI2Y1YxSVZ1NUFQcEhoSkNNUVdFaUlKMDBhdThTTkhJZkdOU29ibi94UVpuUHpWQVNVZituczNJUlE2ZHVUZUsxY2VXcDN1TmNnR0IydklNWGpXVnplWXROQ0ROUmc0bFczbW81QWJ4dEIxbTF5ZWRpQm51TDN6YldMY2FkWE9RSDkySVUrMXRZNWJjQmsybjFUZkZLSUFWSldvNXBmYVRNYTRYdE1NYXZDN2JPY2xObWs1c2JKT2ZZUnF2dk9xbDJyWjF0dzRpZ2NxdUY0TWVrbXpVRlFxZ2xXSnpKencvckFVY0ZjaGZNYXNYWUh3cTg9IXdSTVcxaG1CNzNNQWw4ejU3NkMyYXc9PQ Time anytime yesterday between 9 and 5 yesterday BST
10 |5000

Can you be more specific on the time you sent the message. I at least need the hour you sent the message, it would be even better if you could give me the hour and minute you sent the message.
10 |5000

I can't really give you an exact time, I've been testing this repeatedly, not just one time. I run up against the error every single time, can you confirm why the timing is relevant? Charlie
10 |5000

It will allow me to pull logs for these failed enqueue attempts. If you don't have the time for when you previously experience the failures, please try enqueuing to that registration id again today, and give me the exact time you made the attempt. If it reproduces all the time, it shouldn't take you long to do.
10 |5000

Ok so I've just tried again at exactly : Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 13:11:21 GMT Hope this helps, I just received the same Invalid Registration Id Message as before
10 |5000

Philip Tilker avatar image
Philip Tilker answered
Thanks for providing the date/time. I was able to find your request. The reason for the error is that the API key embedded in the APK does not correspond to the clientId of your sender. Here is a link to docs regarding sending messages and the possible responses/error codes that can be returned. https://developer.amazon.com/public/apis/engage/device-messaging/tech-docs/06-sending-a-message Philip
10 |5000

Hi Phillip, As stated in my original post I have double checked that my api key matches the client ID and client secret from the same security profile. I am 100 % certain on this. I had my doubts on this a few times before realising the api key in the console seems to change on every refresh of the page. My feeling is that something is interfeering with the request, namely a security profile that we used during development. When we was creating the app we used a security profile on a development account, obviously using the same package name (Push messaging was working at this point). As the app is ready to go live we have created the app again on the clients account, Ive changed the api key on the app side and the client id and secret in the backend over. Yet push messaging appears to be broken still. Amazon have since removed the security profile from our development account by our request by unfortunately this hasnt resolved the issue. Charlie
10 |5000

Philip Tilker answered
Hi Charlie, My analysis that the API key does not match the clientId of the sender was not based on the error code. It was based on what our server saw. In our server, we log the information from the API key as well as from the sender OAuth credentials. They did not match. I think we will be better able to help you if you contact developer support because we will be able to share more details with you which we cannot share in an open forum. https://developer.amazon.com/appsandservices/support/contact/contact-us Philip
10 |5000

Philip Tilker answered
Hello again, It seems there is already an internal ticket tracking this issue. I just updated it with the information we have from our service logs and routed the ticket to the appropriate for investigation. Philip
10 |5000