question

thecosmicwolf avatar image
thecosmicwolf asked ·

Failed to upload binary

Hello,

When i try to upload my app to the binary it gives me this error: Failed to upload binary. Binary version code is invalid. Possible causes are a missing version code or lower version code than a previous one. Version code: null

i signed it with eclipse and gave no errors, i even installed it on a couple of devices which worked perfectly.

if someone could help me that will be perfect sincerely, Cosmic

amazon appstore
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi thecosmicwolf,

Welcome to dev forums and thanks for posting! That error message can mean 2 things: either you tried to upload a new binary where the versionCode value is completely missing (look into your AndroidManifest.xml file and note the versionCode), OR you tried to upload a binary with exact same versionCode value as one of the existing binary files in your existing / live application.

Normally every time you build your app, the versionCode is increased by 1, so that would prevent two or more binaries having the exact same versionCode during application submission process. In this particular case you probably tried to upload a binary that you have previously uploaded already, or for some reason the versionCode was never updated and stayed the same as the previously uploaded binary (e.g. you manually edited your files, etc).

The solution to this is either to rebuild the app (this would automatically increase the versionCode by 1), OR to make sure that the versionCode value in your Android manifest is different from the one previously used (simply increase it by 1, so if it was 1 before, make it 2, for example). For reference, the value of versionCode is internal to the Android system and is not visible to end users.

After that, if you application has already been submitted and you want to update it, then click 'Add Upcoming Version', but if you are still filling in data for a new submission, then upload your APK file in the 'Binary File(s)' tab. After you submit it, our testing team will verify the app and if it passes all checks it will be made live and available for yours users.

If none of those are the case in your situation, please login to Dev Portal so we could associate your account, and use the Contact Us form to send us your application name, and we will investigate this further. Thanks!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

newuser-53b7902f-59bb-4363-9f77-e06deadc8f3a avatar image
newuser-53b7902f-59bb-4363-9f77-e06deadc8f3a answered ·

where do I upload my binary file

1 comment

Login to your Dev Portal account, click on your application entry in the Dashboard, switch to the 'Binary File(s)' tab, and there upload your .apk file, which is the binary in question. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·