question

martin farraway avatar image
martin farraway asked

I want to start a custom command, wait and then action another custom command.

Hi,

I want to boost the heating with "boost heating " which will activate "set temperature to 20 degrees" then set a time delay for 30 minutes. Then "set temperature to 17.5 degrees.

SSoil have tried to make a second routine to wait and action the second part. Called stop boost.

Then tried to start the second in the first, where boost heating would action "set heating to 20 and stop boost".

All I get is the heat is set to 20 degrees, I didn't catch the other thing you said.

I know I can set an individual thermostat then wait and change back but I want it to work on what ever thermostat is in the room the command is give. This is what happens if a voice command is given.

routines
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

It's not clear what your setup is and what you're looking to achieve i.e. how many thermostats do you have, is there an Alexa device in each room and what outcome do you want ? Perhaps give a simple interaction scenario.

The simple option would seem to be have one routine which sets the thermostat to 20 degrees, performs a wait for 20 minutes and then sets the thermostat back to 17 degrees. But presumably this doesn't do what you want it to do or it's not possible to do this in a routine?

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.