question

Patrick COPINE avatar image
Patrick COPINE asked

Old skill upgrades

Hello,

I have 2 (old) skills in production to which I would like to add custom tasks. The current skill tree is as follows.

$ ls -F <CR>

DirectivesAPL/ index.js node_modules/ package.json

$

How should I proceed to get to CLI v2. Thanks

ask cli
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Firstly, deploy your skills using CLIv1 and then backup your existing skill directories, put the backups somewhere safe.

The you can install CLI v2 and use it's upgrade-project command to migrate the v1 structure to v2.

The instructions are here (but make sure you perform your own backup and don't rely on the upgrade-project to do it!). Also, make sure you perform a successful deployment of both skills using CLIv1 before you do anything!

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/smapi/ask-cli-v1-to-v2-migration-guide.html

However... from your post, you don't show a models/ directory containing any voice models and your index.js file isn't under a "lambda" directory.

Perhaps use the "clone" command from CLI v1 before you migrate to pull down all of the project files which are in the Alexa cloud. Perform this in a directory well away from your existing skills.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.