question

Oliver Hummel avatar image
Oliver Hummel asked

How can I set preferences for a skill in the Alexa app and access it from the skill (in Python)?

I have been googling for quite some time and haven't been able to find a useful example for this. What I want to do to get acquainted with skill development is to write a skill that is able to send dictated emails.

For that I want to use a special mail account and since it is cumbersome to set server, sender address, password, and so on via VUI, I would like to set those preferences some kind of skill configuration over the Alexa app. Is this possible? And if so, how can I do this in Python? A pointer to an example would be very much appreciated.

alexa skills
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Randy Thompson avatar image
Randy Thompson answered

You cannot add features to the Alexa app, even if it is to support your Alexa skill. You will have to create your own app or website to accompany your skill.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.