question

Dan Fabulich avatar image
Dan Fabulich asked

Can't install Amazon Appstore in Android Emulator

I'm on an M1 MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021), and I'm running Android emulator Pixel 4 API 31 (Android 12.0 Google Play | arm64).

When I attempt to install the Amazon Appstore on my emulator, it fails to install. When I try to install it in Chrome, I get a pop-up "App not installed as app isn't compatible with your phone."

So I tried downloading Amazon_app.apk and running "adb install Amazon_app.apk" to install it into the emulator, and I received this error:

adb: failed to install Amazon_app.apk: Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_NO_MATCHING_ABIS: Failed to extract native libraries, res=-113]

How can I install the production Amazon Appstore on my emulator?

amazon appstoretestingandroid
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Dan,

Thanks for posting! I don't think it's a supported use case, and we normally recommend testing your app on a physical device. You can install Amazon Appstore client app on your phone / tablet and test your app(s) that way. Thanks!

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.