question

StaticDev avatar image
StaticDev asked

Small questions about the proactive message format

Hey, I have a question regarding the proactive messages format. In the body of the request there is once the information "timestamp", "expiryTime" and in the event "startTime". What exactly do these specifications do?

If I have understood everything correctly, timestamp should be the indication of when the message was created, expiryTime when the message is deleted by the echo dot or something else and startTime when the action in the MediaContent event starts.

If I have misunderstood something, please correct it.

With kind regards
Nicklas Matzulla

proactive events
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Good to hear you've made some progress.

timestamp - the creation time of your event request i.e. "now"

expiryTime - the time you want the notification to automatically get marked as "not current". This causes the device glow ring to stop pulsing and if you ask "read notifications" then the notification won't get read out.

startTime - this is specific to the MediaContent.Available event and you can see the effect it has in the schema list

User notification: "<content.name> will <availability.method> on <availability.startTime> on <availability.provider.name>."

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/smapi/schemas-for-proactive-events.html#media-content

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.