question

StaticDev avatar image
StaticDev asked

Error when creating a push message

Good day to you all,

I want to add push messages for my Alexa Skill, for which I want to use the Proactive Events API. I am now referring to the following source: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/smapi/proactive-events-api.html#request-format - when I try to create an auth token to have a valid session, I always get the error message

{"error_description": "The request has an invalid parameter : scope", "error": "invalid_scope"}

I have tested the request with CURL.

curl -i -XPOST -H 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded' -d 'grant_type=client_credentials&client_id=XXXX&client_secret=XXXX&scope=alexa::proactive_events' https://api.amazon.com/auth/o2/token

With kind regards
Nicklas Matzulla

alexa skillsproactive events
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

The reason for this is that you haven't added the required detail to the skill manifest that is needed for proactive events. Look at the amazon docs for proactive events and update your manifest first. Then try the curl and it will work.

12 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I'll be honest, I have absolutely no idea how this is supposed to work. If I understand correctly, I have to update my scheme, but the question is how, since I use the self-hosted variant as Entpoint. The other question is how to create my own event type, it says that there are standard types for notifications, and you should also be able to create your own events, but unfortunately I'm stuck here.

Kind regards

0 Likes 0 ·
You can't create your own event schema, you're stuck with the small amazon set. Regarding updating the manifest i don't use alexa hosted skills so it's quite easy. I think you need to look at local development and use git to push the skill to the hosted environment. You will have access to the raw manifest JSON file that way. Amazon document how to develop this way so check it out
0 Likes 0 ·

I want to send messages to my users that there is now news about my project, such as a new feature. Which event type would you recommend I use?

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments