question

Marcos Peres avatar image
Marcos Peres asked

hello world sample not working

When I use the simulator to test the Hello World sample skill, it simply keeps running forever.

I did try the following:

• Use Node.JS sample
  • Use Python sample
  • Tried to define the "Personalization"
  • Open by voice
  • Write "open my world" (the name I put for the skill)
  • Run the "Build Model" in the "Skill Invocation Name", "JSON Editor" and save (for both)
  • Run the "Deploy" in the "Code" tab after running the step above.
  • Tried another computer, another browser, and another router
  • Created a few skills from scratch with different names
  • Tried to import the sample from GitHub rather than "Continue with template"
  • Also tried to change the language and region

1656620574999.png

helloworld.png

and.. it does not work.

It is worth mentioning that I did not change a word in the code.

testingalexa simulatortutorial
helloworld.png (49.5 KiB)
1656620574999.png (56.4 KiB)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joseph Kesselman avatar image
Joseph Kesselman answered

Try giving it a different name. With *EVERYONE* learning Alexa programming calling their experimental skill "Hello World" or some variant of that, Amazon has apparently been doing a poor job of keeping those from interfering with each other; I found that until I changed the name, my requests seemed to be going to another skill entirely.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Thank you Joseph, I did try to give a completely different name also. Still facing the same. It may be a silly small thing I'm doing wrong, and just can't find out.
0 Likes 0 ·
Marcos Peres avatar image
Marcos Peres answered

UPDATE: I did try it once again using another computer I have with Linux, Firefox browser, and it works very well! Even using the Invocation "hello world".

Anyways, I'll keep it open just in case someone knows what can be wrong in Windows machines, using Chrome or Edge (* both Notifications and Advertisements are allowed in the configurations).

10 |5000

David Kleinberg avatar image
David Kleinberg answered

You mentioned that you "ran the Build Model in the Skill Invocation Name". But did you change the skill invocation name from "change me" to the skill name "hello world"?

10 |5000

Guillermo avatar image
Guillermo answered

I would believe using the simulator the topic "open my world", build model, " skilled invitation name" run off saving. The language tries to change the output that he did do what was arranged.

10 |5000