question

Joseph J Legge avatar image
Joseph J Legge asked

Copyright infringement reports not working?

Does anybody have a way of filling out the form that actually works at the moment?

I see a lot of people are facing the same issue with reports suddenly not being accepted by Amazon.
It's driving me bonkers. It's been weeks now and I can't get a single report through. Any help appreciated.

copyrightreporting
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

James Nash avatar image
James Nash answered

SAME! This is an issue. I've submitted dozens of reports over the course of 4 years and I've never had a problem until now. The last 4 reports in the last week or so (only reports I've made in awhile) have all been rejected even though clearly these were pixel for pixel copy cats and my designs were published first.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Joseph J Legge avatar image Joseph J Legge commented ·
I'm sorry to say I still don't have a solution. Amazon won't help and so copycats are free to steal whatever they like at the moment. It's insane.
0 Likes 0 ·
Dan M. avatar image
Dan M. answered

I'm going through the exact same BS with amazon.ca, and have found the online reporting process completely useless. I've used the copyright email for Amazon, included screenshots of my sales on various platforms before the knock off made it onto the Amazon market. The ASIN's from the infringers links aren't being recognized, and my DMCA requests are rejected. The take-down process is much easier on Redbubble. Zazzle was a pain at first, but once I sent screenshots of prior sales etc they took down the infringers listings. Unfortunately Amazon has the worst process that I have encountered. I'm considering closing my Merch account permanently.

10 |5000

John Marshall avatar image
John Marshall answered

Never had an issue until today. Now, a few hours after every copyright infringement report is aubmittes, I receive an email with this message:

Thank you for your report of infringement. We reviewed your notices of infringement and determined that the notices you have submitted to Amazon are invalid or inaccurate. Reporting false, misleading, or consistently inaccurate notices of infringement violates our policies.

There is a massive error in Amazon’s copyright infringement system and it’s impossible to contact Amazon about it.

2 comments
10 |5000

James Nash avatar image James Nash commented ·

It's still not working for me either. I gave it a few weeks before I tried and same as usual, after a couple of hours I get the same response that you received. It would be nice to get this fixed. I'm wondering if this is a per email basis. I'd be curious if it's because we submit a higher number of infringement reports and they figure we've exceeded our limit lol. I've submitted around 150-200 reports inside of 4 years and I've never had an issue and then this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Joon Im avatar image Joon Im James Nash commented ·
Have you had any luck yet, or get a hold of someone? I'm going through the same thing and this has been going for the last few months. Tried again very recently and I only get the same response. Invalid, inaccurate etc.
0 Likes 0 ·
Mst Rabea Bosry avatar image
Mst Rabea Bosry answered

Same, I reported but didn't remove it yet. But all are p2p copy designs from my best-selling.

I have seen all of the best sellers are copied by born/unknown/artist unknown scam brand.

And reports are not working on those brands.

10 |5000

Joseph J Legge avatar image
Joseph J Legge answered

And still it goes on. It's a complete joke.

10 |5000