question

Libre Wireless Technologies Inc avatar image
Libre Wireless Technologies Inc asked

Espressif ACK module in secure module provisioned state

Hi,

By mistake using command i put the Espressif ACK device to secured state. Currently the device shows that it is in provisioned and secure state. And iam not able to see few of the commands (Like WiFi network connection related ) which was working fine during the unsecured state.

As i'am facing few issues with WiFi connection i need to check connection through WiFi commands but as device is in secured state iam not able to get and execute those commands.

Can anyone please suggest a way to retrieve the old state of device which is the provisioned state.

Also please tell me if flashing firmware to device will help me to start over again.

alexaackesp32provisioner
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Veera Manideep Guntupalli avatar image
Veera Manideep Guntupalli answered

Locking your module prevents further provisioning attempts. You can't change its product association or reverse the locked state. You must lock your module before you ship your products to end customers, typically before the manufacturing process

Module lifecycle: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/ack/module-provisioning.html#module-lifecyle

7 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi @Manideep@Amazon ,

I did not use the "lockmodule" command available in module utility CLI to secure the device.

I used the command "secure_device" under "devkit".

Whether both of the commands has the same purpose which is to lock the device?

0 Likes 0 ·
Veera Manideep Guntupalli avatar image Veera Manideep Guntupalli Libre Wireless Technologies Inc ·

Yes, running the "lockmodule" using Moduleutility will trigger devkit secure_device

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi @Veera Manideep Guntupalli

Is there anything i can do to revert to the older state?

Iam new to this and this one is the development kit actually i have not even completed the initial setup process with the ACK kit. And i was not aware of this commands in device as i could only find guides for the module CLI commands.

Kindly help me to resolve this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments