question

Ethan Eiseman avatar image
Ethan Eiseman asked

Certification is failing with "Skill End Point Not Validating The Signatures" but I'm using official SDK and Docker image

Hello,
I'm using Nodejs ask-sdk-core with a simple Lambda function written in Typescript:

export const handler: LambdaHandler = SkillBuilders.custom()
.withSkillId("removed")
  .addRequestHandlers(
      LaunchRequestHandler,
      JingleIntentHandler,
      HelpIntentHandler,
      FallbackIntentHandler,
      CancelAndStopIntentHandler,
      SessionEndedRequestHandler
  )
  .addErrorHandlers(errorHandler)
  .lambda();

I'm then using amazon/aws-lambda-nodejs:latest as my base image and self-hosting in a Rancher K8s cluster.

Testing from the Alexa dev console works just fine but when I got to certify the skill I'm getting the error "Skill End Point Not Validating The Signatures." However everything I've read seems to indicate that between the RIC bundled with the Docker image and the Nodejs lambda() function this should automatically be taken care of and I would just need to check the skillID.
https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/handle-requests-sent-by-alexa.html#get-the-skill-id-for-your-skill

What am I not understanding?

lambdacertificationnodejscustom skillself hosted skill
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Ethan Eiseman avatar image
Ethan Eiseman answered

I'm not sure what happened but when I was showing the error to a fellow dev yesterday it began to pass. To anyone coming here with a similar problem looking for answers... I'm sorry I have no idea what happened. Absolutely nothing changed on my end. I wish I could give you a concrete answer.
Best of luck.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.