question

Jason Brooks Nyquist avatar image
Jason Brooks Nyquist asked

Feature Request: Cart Notes

For web and mobile apps.

User Story

As an Amazon user with a shared account (my partner and I), I want the ability to add a note to items in the cart so that I can communicate with my partner asynchronously directly through the app and website when we cannot communicate in real life.

Use Cases

Partner 1 adds an item to the cart without having made the decision to purchase. Partner 2 purchases everything in the cart. This results in a returned item.

Partner 1 adds an item to the cart without having made the decision to purchase and adds the item to "Saved for later" to prevent an accidental purchase and talk about it later with Partner 2. That conversation doesn't happen. This results in an item that does not get purchased, or the purchase gets delayed.

Partner 1 adds an item to the cart and texts Partner 2 about it. This results in frustration because the message is often forgotten, as it is not just-in-time.

Designs

1647616447387.png

TBD: mobile design

Functional Requirements

• Add a vertical divider and an "Add a note" element to the right of the "Compare with similar items" element
    • This element should wrap to another line on smaller screen sizes as the "Compare with similar items" element does today
  • When the user clicks on "Add a note", add the Notes component (the same as that used in the Comments field when returning an item) to the page directly below the item toolbar.
    • And replace the "Add a note" element with the "Delete note" element
    • Note component:
      • "Note:" label
      • Responsive and resizable text entry field
      • "500 characters remaining." element
  • When the user clicks the "Delete note" element, remove the "Note" component and revert to the default state
    • No confirmation is necessary
  • Any edits to text in the text input should be saved without a Save button

Questions

• What happens to the notes when an item is added to "Saved for later"?
  • Would the user expect to be able to add notes to items that are saved for later?
feature request
1647616447387.png (335.6 KiB)
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi Jason,

Thank you for posting in the Amazon Developer forums.

Please use the Amazon Digital and Device forum for requests like this: https://www.amazonforum.com

You can also contact Amazon Customer Service: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

Thanks,

Mike

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.