question

Roberto Munoz avatar image
Roberto Munoz asked

Echo Show not displaying response

Hi Team.

We are currently Beta testing a skill but some users report that no response is displayed on Echo Show devices when they trigger an intent.

I have added a response interceptor and can see the correct response is generated.
I also can see on the alexa app that the correct response was received.
But the echo device does not display anything.

The response also has a UI generated with an APL document and also uses AVG graphics, so not sure if this has anything to do with this as i have other responses that do not use AVG graphics and those responses are displayed correctly.

Anybody know what i can look at to troubleshoot and solve this issue?

alexa skills kitecho showalexa skills
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Kevin Moser avatar image
Kevin Moser answered

This might be a wild guess, but could it be possible that their device is not up-to-date and can't use the more recent versions of APL. You can check the used APL version in the logs for the skill invocation.

Since AVG v1.2 requires a minimum version of APL v1.5, this could cause the issue described by you.

More information here: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/alexa-presentation-language/apl-avg-format.html#avg_version_property

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.