question

Markus Stein avatar image
Markus Stein asked

How to use UpdateDynamicEntities before LaunchRequest?

Hi!

Is it possible to use UpdateDynamicEntities before launch request?

I would like to have them updated early so the user can directly use them on the first request:

Tell MySkill to play the playlist XY

I already tried in the request where it's used directly, but that's too late, alexa needs to get them before. Otherwise the user must use the "reprompt"... so in the 2nd try the new entities would be available. But that's not good usability.

alexa skills kitnodejsdynamic entities
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

No you can't, Dynamic Entities can only be set once your skill is launched.

I guess you're going to have a "playlist" slot which is as general as possible. Then validate any slot match against your loaded lists of playlists. If no match then set dynamic entities and ask the user for the playlist they want.

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

@Andy Whitworth thanks for your answer!

But dynamic slots - we even have 125 playlists -- so that's not enough, too ;-)

And a playlist could also be deleted - so all should be dynamic. Ok a mixture could be a solution - some fixed and some dynamic..

Do you think it could also be a good option to simply use the slot value and resolve by myself in code, even when the resolution returns "ER_SUCCESS_NO_MATCH "...

slotValue": {                        
"type": "Simple",                        
"value": "melodic techno house", 

For example host my slots manually in my dynamo db and query this. So I could manage them there for all users - and it would be fast.

0 Likes 0 ·