question

Sean Evans avatar image
Sean Evans asked

Canada Tax Interview required but not applicable

Within the Tax Identity section Canada Tax Interview is present and it is not applicable to any of our apps or skills. This is preventing us from submitting apps. We have 3 Fire apps, a Standard Skill and a Flash Briefing Skill. We do not have a Foreign TIN which is requested in the Canada Tax Interview form and S Corporation is not available which is what our company is.

It seems this may be present due to our apps and/or skills appearing as available in amazon.ca. I submitted a support request a few days ago and have not received a response. Any ideas?

amazon appstoreapp submission and updatestax
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Similar problem for me. It won't let me use my EIN, which is the only tax number I have. I'm an LLC.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kunijordan avatar image
Kunijordan answered

Hello,

Thank you for posting your comment in the forum.

It appears that your inquiry may be account specific issue, we ask that you login to your developer account and then write in your inquiry via "Contact Us" form from Developer Portal.

Also, if you have already done so, they may have already responded to your inquiry.

Generally speaking, if you are simply submitting new free app (no paid IAP), then, you should be able to submit your free app even if you haven't completed the Canada tax interview.

If this is not the case, please submit your inquiry via "Contact Us" form by Developer Portal and then provide detail/screenshots so that dedicated team can investigate further.

Best regards,

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi, I don't think it's account-specific. I can't complete the interview either because it won't accept my EIN. I'm sending it in via Contact Us too.
0 Likes 0 ·
DigitalOperationsTeam avatar image
DigitalOperationsTeam answered

We are also getting directed to this tax interview when creating Inn App Purchases, this has only started happening since the beginning of Jan 2022. I have also logged this from Contact Us and am waiting for a reply.

10 |5000

Roger Taylor avatar image
Roger Taylor answered

The Canada interview issue it not account specific. All IAP developers apparently see it. It took me forever and a day to figure out how to get past it so the Submit option was available for my first app. I think I basically had to remove Canada from the store locations.

10 |5000