question

Steven Brown avatar image
Steven Brown asked

Skill Validation failure > one or more of the sample phrases generated an error response....works fine in beta testing

Hello. I am wondering if you could help me figure something out?

I have a skill in beta test. Works fine when i use my sample invocation phrases...(open) (start) <skill name> on my own alexa devices, but when i get to the validation step of the build process (just before submit for cert) It fails validation saying that one or more of the sample phrases generated an error response.I have a few skills under my belt, and it's only been in the past few days I've been running into this.

Here's the really strange part.....

One of them even passed validation, and then failed certification for "one or more of the sample phrases generated an error response" after passing validation! Even skills I have removed in the past that were working perfectly ..... fail now when I try to re-certify not having made any changes at all to any part of the skill.

I am lost here. Not sure if it's an amazon problem b/c I was not struggling like this prior to the outage of the Virginia data center recently. Even tried building skills in a different data center with same result.

Any Ideas?

(I have submitted a "contact us" ticket, and await a response.)

Steve

alexa skills kithosted skill
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Vladimir@Amazon avatar image
Vladimir@Amazon answered

Hi Steven, thanks for posting on the forum. Our team has received your message and has provided additional context.

Thanks,

Vladimir

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.