question

Todd Moore avatar image
Todd Moore asked

Ask deploy no longer deploys to existing lambda function

This just started happening to me with ask deploy for all of my skills with ask version 2.24.1 and node version 14.18.1. I also tested node version 12.x with the same results.

[Error]: CliError: The lambda deploy failed for Alexa region "default": ResourceConflictException: The operation cannot be performed at this time. An update is in progress for resource:XXX

The only way I can deploy is to clear out the existing function name so it deploys to a new function.

Any advice?

ask cli
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Todd Moore avatar image
Todd Moore answered

It appears if I set the function description to "aws:states:opt-out" the problem goes away...

Ref: https://aws.amazon.com/de/blogs/compute/coming-soon-expansion-of-aws-lambda-states-to-all-functions/

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Yes, just found that and confirmed it works for me too. The string just needs to be part of the description.
0 Likes 0 ·
Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Same for me as of today