question

Shop Vocal avatar image
Shop Vocal asked

Invocation word invoking wrong skill

Hi,

I have live skill which is working fine. But development version of same skill on simulator and on actual device is invoking wrong skill. Wrong skill which it is invoking is our own skill which we had developed in blue print but which is not published. Not sure how we can correct it because we can't even delete skill in blue print. This is urgent and request help on it

Skill ID:

amzn1.ask.skill.489100e5-0d35-41c3-8629-6783e655a8e4

Thanks

Shop Vocal team

alexa skills kit
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Why can't you delete the blueprint ?

And if you can't delete it, is it possible to edit it to remove any clash with your dev skill ?

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Shop Vocal avatar image
Shop Vocal answered

Hi Andy,

Thanks. But Blue print skill is not published its also in dev environment. Still for some reasons correct skill is not invoke. Also we have changed innovation name of that skill in blueprint also. Please advise

Thanks

3 comments

Have you ensured that the dev version of the skill is enabled in the Alexa app ? That is a common reason for the wrong version of the skill being started, or the invocation name not being recognised.
0 Likes 0 ·
Yes I did. I can replicate same issue on Alexa dev console simulator also.
0 Likes 0 ·
OK, I suggest raising a contact-us support case with Amazon then.

The dev-skill enablement is the usual issue with this type of thing but if you're 100% sure that OK then something else is afoot!

0 Likes 0 ·