question

Phil McGee avatar image
Phil McGee asked

Alexa.ThermostatController schedule directive has changed

I noticed recently that the incoming JSON in a request to the Alexa.ThermostatController interface when a schedule is specified alongside a setpoint has changed. It now looks like this:

"payload": {'schedule': {'duration': {'seconds': 1800, 'nanos': 0, 'zero': False, 'negative': False, 'units': ['SECONDS', 'NANOS'], 'nano': 0}}, 'targetSetpoint': {'value': 20.0, 'scale': 'CELSIUS'}}}}

The documentation at https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/device-apis/alexa-thermostatcontroller.html is still showing the older format for the schedule object:

"payload": {
      "targetSetpoint": {
        "value": 21.0,
        "scale": "CELSIUS"
      },
      "schedule": {
        "start": "2017-06-22T21:35Z",
        "duration": "PT25M"
      }
    }

where the duration was specified as a timeInterval object based on ISO spec.

The documentation needs to be updated to reflect this change. By the way, I'm curious how a breaking change like this can be implemented without release notes or a deprecation warning?

alexa smart home
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered

Hi Phil, you can now provide feedback on the documentation by clicking on the new "Feedback" tab on the right hand side of the documentation tab.

2 comments
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sure, but that's an 'invisible' channel and up to chance whether anything happens or not. Of maybe 10 'feedbacks' I've given, I only ever received a response to 2. At least stuff posted here gets moderated/tracked to some extent...
0 Likes 0 ·

Our team does check the feedback that is cut directly through the Feedback tab - if traction is slow then I'd recommend cutting us a support ticket there.

0 Likes 0 ·