question

Scott avatar image
Scott asked

Where is /mnt/sdcard/ on Samsung Galaxy phone?

Hello,

I can't find the /mnt/sdcard/ directory on the Android phone I'm using, so I can't move the json inapp purchase file there. I tried using a terminal program to find it with adb, but that command is not recognized. So I'm totally stuck.

Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks.

android
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Scott,

Thanks for posting! If your device is running Android 11 or newer, then trying to access /mnt/sdcard will result in a "Permission denied" error. However, the fix is simple -- just remove the /mnt part and your command could like like so instead:

$ adb push [_Your_JSON_File_Folder_]/amazon.sdktester.json /sdcard/amazon.sdktester.json

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Scott avatar image
Scott answered

Thank you. But then how fo I get the Amazon App Tester application to find the file? When I click "IAP items in JSON file", it responds with "The amazon.sdktester.json file is not available in the /mnt/sdcard/ directory" Yet I see the json file in the root directory of my SD Card. Is that not where it is supposed to be?

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Scott,

I just tested it on an Android 11 device, and everything works fine. Please ensure that you typed the JSON file name correctly.

adb-push.png

app-tester-json-file.png

adb-push.png (605.4 KiB)

Scott avatar image
Scott answered

I moved it to the sdcard root directory manually.

When I try to move it using termux and the adb command, I get "No command adb found".

Sorry to be so dumb - I can move it with "My files" but apparently I am putting it in the wrong place.

1 comment

Most likely that means that adb is not in your environment path. You should be able to simply type "adb" in the terminal / Command Prompt, and it should execute. If that's not the case, then please add Android SDKs "tools" and "platform-tools" directories to your path.
0 Likes 0 ·