question

tiger avatar image
tiger asked

Issue in PIN Confirmation flow

I want to enable PIN flow mandatory in my skill.

I have enabled Account Linking, Personalisation and PIN mandatory in Permissions section.

When I return a directive in the response.

{

"body": {

"version": "1.0",

"response": {

"outputSpeech": {

"type": "PlainText",

"text": "Enter the PIN"

},

"directives": [

{

"type": "Connections.StartConnection",

"uri": "connection://AMAZON.VerifyPerson/2",

"input": {

"requestedAuthenticationConfidenceLevel": {

"level": 400,

"customPolicy": {

"policyName": "VOICE_PIN"

}

}

},

"token": "token",

"augmentedToken": "some text"

}

],

"type": "_DEFAULT_RESPONSE"

}

}

}

This the response from the Alexa:

-------------------------------------------

Sorry, but I need to know your Profile PASSCODE to continue. Use the Alexa app to set it up.

And I am receving the sessionResumedRequest status as

{"originIpAddress":null,"cause":{"type":"ConnectionCompleted","token":"token","status":{"code":200,"message":"Okay"},"result":{"reason":"NOT_MATCH","version":"2","status":"NOT_ACHIEVED"}},"type":"SessionResumedRequest","requestId":"amzn1.echo-api.request.e0ab7b21-62f3-48bf-bc64-785be0fa0da0","locale":"en-US","timestamp":"2021-09-23T11:40:01Z"}

Can someone please help to find out the cause?

alexa skillsalexaapp
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

You will need to set up a voice profile and profile PIN within the Alexa app as a customer - this is separate from enabling the permissions for the skill as a developer. See the requirements here:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/custom-skills/pin-confirmation-for-alexa-skills.html#prerequisites

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.