question

RycoTokyo avatar image
RycoTokyo asked

MBA Support Response time?

I recently had a product removed for "Compliance Violation" and was asked to provide documentation demonstrating my rights to distribute the design.

I did this immediately as I am fairly certain this is either a mistake or a malicious attempt by another user.

I replied to the Merch team explaining that there is clearly nothing in the brand name, title or bullets that infringe any trademark and also supplied the US Copyright Office registration number for the artwork for which I am the proper rights holder.

I got a reply saying that the case had been passed onto "our team for further investigation".

This was 6 days ago.

Please can anyone with any knowledge or experience with this tell me how long these things usually take?

Obviously I am keen to resolve this matter as soon as possible considering I would like to keep my account health in good standing and am also losing sales on a design I have the proven registered copyright to!

Thanks

merch by amazonresponsecopyright
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

lawrence westfall avatar image
lawrence westfall answered

It will take as long as it takes - Mr. Bull

1 comment

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Incredibly useful and informative answer.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
RycoTokyo avatar image
RycoTokyo answered

-UPDATE-

The morning after I posted this here on the forum I got an update on my case...

"Greetings,

Thanks for your continued patience. We are currently researching your issue in partnership with the responsible team and will provide an update as soon as any additional information becomes available."

That’s it. Nothing more. Not even a name or department to reference.

This to me seems like an automated response that's been sent out because a certain number of days have passed.

I am guessing that my case is still sitting in a queue waiting to be looked at by a real person.

I really wish more could be done to protect us designers from this sort of thing.

This just shows that any scrupulous competitor can get your products removed almost immediately, knowing full well that it will be down for weeks!

Even having a valid USCO registration number doesn't get the issue resolved any quicker.

Also, as a side note: I have noticed that sales across my entire account have plummeted since this happened. Coincidence?

I will continue to update on here as this case progresses. Hopefully this will be useful for anyone experiencing the same issue.

RycoTokyo avatar image
RycoTokyo answered

-UPDATE-

Result. The product which was removed has now been reinstated. As yet I still have no confirmation email from Amazon. I logged into my account this morning and discovered the item was live again.

So it appears that "as long as it takes" is roughly 12 days in this particular instance.

Although I am happy that this false compliance violation has finally been resolved I am still concearned at how long this process takes and how easy it seems to be for just anyone to get our original designs/products removed. A quick review would have clearly shown there was no violation with my design or details and it should never have been removed in the first place.

Surely the onus should be on the accuser to provide the correct info and prove that there is a violation? Or at least give us a chance to provide the requested documentation BEFORE the item is removed.

The system in it's current form is so open to abuse. That's 12 days of lost sales on one of my most popular products having done nothing wrong.

I would be interested to know if this has had any bearing on my account health or the BSR?

Were the rest of my products suppressed in anyway awaiting the outcome of this investigation?

If this was done in malice by another user, will there be repercussions?

What exactly will be done to prevent this from happening again?

...We may never know. But if I do get any info from Amazon regarding any of this, I will be sure to tell you all for future reference.

Cheers