question

Oleksandr avatar image
Oleksandr asked

Amazon keeps selling my apps after I removed them from Amazon Appstore

Hello Amazon support team!

I had my Android apps, named Prana Breath [Amazon], Time Planner [Amazon] and Magic Intuition [Amazon] on Amazon Appstore a while ago. A few years I have decided to remove them due to the fact I haven't received any payment from selling my apps. The app was removed on Oct 11th 2020, I see this notice on my dev account dashboard.

But today I have discovered my apps ARE STILL AVAILABLE on Amazon, more than that, IN-APP PURCHASES available as well. That means, Amazon sells my outdated products (and gets all the profit), plus I gain bad reputation as the developer (as the apps are outdated and therefore, with bugs on new devices).

Please explain this violation of copyright before I take this case to the Court.

amazon appstore
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Oleksandr avatar image
Oleksandr answered

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sherly@Amazon avatar image
Sherly@Amazon answered

Hello,

Thanks for posting. Please note users who have already downloaded your app will be able to continue to use these apps on their devices, even after the apps have been suppressed from the Amazon Appstore. They will be able to download the version they have downloaded previously onto their device(s). While the product page for a suppressed app remains live so that customers who have purchased the app may continue to have access to the product information as part of their order history, suppressed apps are not searchable, discoverable, or available for purchase by new customers.