question

adam zilberbaum avatar image
adam zilberbaum asked

DeepQuery always true even with successful SmartHomeChangeReportSuccess confirmation and proactivelyReported = true

We have been spinning our wheel trying to get proactive reporting to work correctly with our smart skill, as we are trying to finalize our Works With Alexa badge.

In device discovery (Alexa.Discovery), all of our capabilities are retrievable=true and proactivelyReported=true

Our API commands are successfully accepted via (https://api.amazonalexa.com/v3/events) and get confirmation on the Smart Home Debugger with "SmartHomeChangeReportSuccess".

1 - We never see any analytics under the Change Report section

2 - Deep Query is always set to true when checking the device state, even though we are getting the Change Report confirmation.

We are out of ideas of why this is the case, any suggestions?

works with alexa
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Chihiro@Amazon avatar image
Chihiro@Amazon answered

Hi Adam,

Thank you for posting. Are you checking device state at Smart Home Devices? For testing purpose, could you set "retrievable=false", "proactivelyReported=true" and see if Deep Query becomes "False"?

6 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

I did try setting "retrievable=false" and "proactivelyReported=true" and still seeing the same result in "Smart Home Devices".

Could this mean maybe the discovery response is not formatted right? But according to the docs they both default to false, so not sure that is the case.

Any other thoughts?

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi Adam,

Thank you for testing. Could you delete and re-discover the device again? If you can successfully re-discover the device after updating "retrievable=false" and "proactivelyReported=true", then your discovery response should be correct. Please let me know if the discovery is successful and Deep Query still shows "True" after sending change report.

0 Likes 0 ·

I did try that actually a few times, and Deep Query still shows "True"

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
adam zilberbaum avatar image
adam zilberbaum answered

Hi @Chihiro@Amazon,

I was checking "Smart Home Devices", I will try what you suggest and test setting "retrievable=false" and "proactivelyReported=true".

What is concerning is when I check Amazon Developer Console analytics I see no activity for the Change Report tab - see below: change-report-image.png

But I do see the following when submitting Change Reports when debugging via the Amazon Developer Console:

{
    "header": {
        "namespace": "SkillDebugger",
        "name": "CaptureDebuggingInfo",
        "messageId": "45e09bca-7c12-4a00-adc4-7df1709e580e"
    },
    "payload": {
        "skillId": "amzn1.ask.skill.6113a109-0f04-420f-976e-23b570a9e1cb",
        "timestamp": "2021-09-07T21:48:06.360Z",
        "dialogRequestId": null,
        "skillRequestId": null,
        "type": "SmartHomeChangeReportSuccess",
        "content": {
            "changeReport": {
                "context": {
                    "properties": [
                        {
                            "namespace": "Alexa.EndpointHealth",
                            "name": "connectivity",
                            "value": {
                                "value": "UNREACHABLE"
                            },
                            "timeOfSample": "2021-09-07T21:48:05.1457016Z",
                            "uncertaintyInMilliseconds": 0
                        }
                    ]
                },
                "event": {
                    "header": {
                        "namespace": "Alexa",
                        "name": "ChangeReport",
                        "messageId": "495cc513-8f6d-48a6-8cb0-c632faf5b00d",
                        "payloadVersion": "3"
                    },
                    "payload": {
                        "change": {
                            "cause": {
                                "type": "APP_INTERACTION"
                            },
                            "properties": [
                                {
                                    "namespace": "Alexa.ModeController",
                                    "name": "mode",
                                    "instance": "Sunsa.Blinds.Position",
                                    "value": "Position.Close",
                                    "timeOfSample": "2021-09-07T21:48:05.1457016Z",
                                    "uncertaintyInMilliseconds": 0
                                }
                            ]
                        }
                    },
                    "endpoint": {
                        "endpointId": "REDACTED",
                        "scope": null
                    }
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

10 |5000

chen avatar image
chen answered

I have the same problem as you, how did you solve it?

10 |5000

chen avatar image
chen answered
10 |5000

chen avatar image
chen answered

@Chihiro@Amazon

We also encountered related issues, sending changeReport to Alexa gateway when router is offline, getting 202 feedback; and getting SmartHomeChangeReportSuccess feedback on Alexa developer test page, but device doesn't have a banner saying device is offline (even after waiting more than 30 minutes), Why is this?

10 |5000

chen avatar image
chen answered

@Chihiro@Amazon

And we've asked Alexa, but we've been getting no response for two weeks in a row, which bothers us

10 |5000