question

Brad Huang avatar image
Brad Huang asked

ECHO Dot gen 3 can not work with new product index

Hi Sir,

I have submit "Request a new device type identifier" and get the response. I get the new product index. and I use the commands to generate new device private key and certificate (https://developer.amazon.com/frustration-free-setup/console/manage-daks)

When I apply the new product index, private key and certificate, then my device can not find the wifi network to connect. the setup network can not be connected since echo dot 3 does not provide the wifi network for FFS

Originally, the old product index is "Q9pp" from FFS C code SDK, my device can find the wifi setup network to connect then FFS can run normally. But when I try to modify the product index , then my device can not find the wifi setup network to connect then FFS can not work in advance.

Could you help to confirm the function in ECHO Dot gen 3 about:

when I use my account "Request a new device type identifier ", then I can get new "product index", it seems my echo dot gen 3 does not know I use new product index for FFS. is it right?

How I can set new product index for my ECHO Dot gen 3? such that I can use the new private key and certificate for FFS?

ffs
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

0 Answers