question

Alex Rublinetsky avatar image
Alex Rublinetsky asked

Malformed ISP response with empty payload

When my skill sends the Connections.SendRequest with Buy directive, it expects to receive a response that will have a "payload" section that includes the outcome of the purchase ("ACCEPTED", "DECLINED", "ALREADY_PURCHASED", or "ERROR"). And that works correctly in most cases, however, about a dozen times a day, ISP sends me a response with empty "payload" section:

{
    "type": "Connections.Response", 
    "requestId": "amzn1.echo-api.request.xxx", 
    "timestamp": "2021-07-25T05:07:18Z", 
    "locale": "en-US", 
    "status": {"code": "200", "message": "OK."}, 
    "name": "Buy", 
    "payload": {}, 
    "token": "correlationToken"
}

This is a violation of the Alexa's spec and I don't know how to handle this response - is it a success or a failure?

Does anyone else see such malformed responses? If so, how do you treat this response?

I opened a support case about two months ago (8420121471), but it does make any real progress :(

isp
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

It looks like our team is actively looking into this case for you over on your support case - we'll follow up with you there if you have any further questions.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.