question

Claudio Veggiotti avatar image
Claudio Veggiotti asked ·

Replace Subscription with One-time Purchase

I've a live skill with a montly subscription isp.

For the new users I want to replace that isp with a one time purchase, mantaining the previous isp only for the customers that already have subscribed it; of course they can cancel the subscription at any time.

So to new users i want to offer only the new isp: for them the previous doen't exist.

Is it possibile? How can i do that?

certificationisp
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Andy Whitworth avatar image
Andy Whitworth answered ·

Tricky! If you discontinue the subscription product then existing subscribers will still be capable of accessing the associated skill content but only for the remainder of the subscription term (the current month). After that the subscription will not renew, I guess you don't want this!

You could just leave the subscription ISP "live" and create an equivalent one-time purchase ISP. Modify the code to not offer the subscription via upsell or user-initiated purchase, and untick the "promote on amazon.com" flag so it's not available for purchase in the app/website. But that sounds pretty bad and amazon would probably reject it at certification time.

If you can live with the subscriptions all terminating at the end of the subscription period then I guess the discontinue option is the way to go. Create a new one-time-purchase ISP, mark the subscription ISP as discontinued, perhaps add some code to give a voice notice to subscription users letting them know what's happening and that they need to purchase the one-time product next month. Then recertify.

2 comments
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

How can i discontinue the subscription? "discontinue" is "deactivate" ?
0 Likes 0 ·