question

Chris O'Shea avatar image
Chris O'Shea asked

Managing screenshots improvements

Hi

Managed screenshots through the Amazon dev portal is quite painful. I'd like to offer some suggestions to the team.

1) When you add a localized media, it copies your default language media. You then have to go through and delete image one by one. This means click delete, then click confirm, then wait for the page to reload, then repeat. Quickest way to fix this is have a delete all button when in edit mode, delete all screenshots for the language at once.

2) Uploading is the most painful, you can only upload 1 screenshot at a time, you wait for it to upload then the page has to refresh before you can add the next screenshot. A bulk uploader here would be most welcome! :) (you can upload via sftp, but not sure about localized media)

amazon appstore
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Jamie Grossman avatar image
Jamie Grossman answered
Hi there, Thanks for bringing these to our attention. I have added these as feature requests for you and given them to the dev portal team. Regards, Jamie
1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Any likelyhood of improving the developer portal?

0 Likes 0 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting. This feature request is in the Dev Portal team's backlog. Regrettably at this time I don't have any additional information about any of the time frames for this request, however Dev Portal is reviewing this (and other) feature request to improve developer experience. We will announce whenever the Dev Portal is improved with additional usability features. Thank you!

10 |5000

Chris O'Shea answered

So I just went to update an existing app and the process is still really painful, nothing has improved in the Amazon app store manager. Will things ever improve?

10 |5000

Kunijordan avatar image
Kunijordan answered

Hi,

We wanted to let you know that we have improved our Description tab, and Images & Multimedia tab within the App submission process and the feature is currently Live!

We appreciate your feedback and we'll continue to improve our Developer Portal.

Best,

10 |5000

Chris O'Shea answered

Yes, thank you! much better

10 |5000