question

Dudley Adshead avatar image
Dudley Adshead asked ·

Alexa console - testing a skill shows the OLD code in the response - WHY???

I needed to update the audio url of a streaming skill that I have. I did this and deployed live (I also tried resubmitting and this also worked). However the live skill does not stream anything. If I view the live skill code in the source Code tab I can see it all looks correct. BUT when I test it the response json still shows the old audio streaming URL. I do have an older skill that I marked as hidden (very annoying I can't remove it completely). I can only assume for some reason the skill has not been updated with the new audio URL. The deploy to live feature just doesn't seem to do anything. Help!

alexa
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Rokas avatar image
Rokas answered ·
Make sure you are invoking the correct skill when testing. To do that check what application id is in the request, and make sure it matches with the skill id that you're trying to invoke. If it doesn't, then alexa is invoking incorrect skill. To mitigate that you have to disable other skills with similar/same invocation name. If you're saying, that you have an older skill that is 'deactivated' try disabling it completely either using alexa app, web or console.

If after these steps still old code comes through, then double check your endpoint, is it really the correct one? Do you use lambda aliases or versions? Are they the latest ones?

If after these steps code is still not the one you're expecting it might be worth contacting amazon support directly or sharing your skill id here, so someone from amazon could take a look at for you.

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.