question

David Schumann avatar image
David Schumann asked ·

App Publishing API broken

I'm using the publishing API for updating my apps in the amazon appstore.

This was working fine for months, but now I can't delete existing APKs anymore due to a strange error.

I'm using the following call with the etag header:

DELETE https://developer.amazon.com/api/appstore/v1/applications/<appID>/edits/<editId>/apks/<apkId>

Since a couple of days I receive this error when deleting:

{"httpCode":400,"message":"Bad Request","errors":[{"errorCode":"error_apk_version_already_uploaded","errorMessage":"Failed to upload APK. The version codes of all uploaded APKs in an app must be unique. The APK you just uploaded with version code 76 conflicts with the version code of an existing APK in the current version."}]}

I still can delete the APK manually via the web UI. What's going on here? I really need this feature since I have a lot of apps!

And no, I can't use the `replaceApk` endpoint since I the APKs are too big..

app submission and updates
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

David Schumann answered ·

Anyone? The API is still broken...

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

R and R Digital avatar image
R and R Digital answered ·

Submitting an app has been broken for over a week for me -- at least you have a workaround.

5 comments

Thanks for the suggestion of using the API as a workaround!

It turns out that the web interface for submitting an APK is broken (at least using Chrome and Microsoft Edge), but the API submission using Python works just fine.

0 Likes 0 ·

Just a quick comment that while we have received your "Contact Us" case, we are not aware of any widespread issue with web submissions, at the moment we don't have any other such reports. Could you please see if you are using any browser plugins, etc that could potentially inhibit uploads, or just as a test could you please try with a different browser, like Firefox, since both Chrome and Edge are essentially the same thing.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, @Levon for the suggestions -- I'm not using ANY plugins at all on either browser, and do agree that they're effectively the same thing.

I will download FireFox and see if that works, however because the App Submission API doesn't support LAT and I would like to be able to use that again in the future.

0 Likes 0 ·

Sorry to report that it doesn't work with Firefox either... at least on my machine.

0 Likes 0 ·
Show more comments
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Thanks, I notified the Submissions API team to investigate.

3 comments

Please don't let them break the add APK API while they're "fixing" the delete API.

... and you might mention that the web-based portal doesn't accept submissions at all -- at least not with Windows 10 running Chrome or Microsoft Edge. All I get is "Failed to upload."

I've already filed a "contact us" case (listed below) a week ago and followed up with a couple updates but haven't heard back a thing.

I realize everyone is busy with Prime Day, but this is the longest I've had to wait for an update and would really like to get everything solved.

0 Likes 0 ·

Case #8464816431

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you for additional info, I forwarded your comments to them as well.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Schumann answered ·

Okay so I still can't publish apps via api... and I don't have time to update 10+ apps by hand for every release. The same issue from the initial post are still present.

This is super frustrating, especially since it took years for amazon to add an API in the first place and now this. Google Play can also be a pain sometimes but at least they're fixing their api within hours..

3 comments

We have the exact opposite problem!

For us, publishing via the API works great, but the web interface for updating an APK as well as for LAT is broken and reports "Failed to upload."

This issue occurs on Chrome, Edge and Firefox has remains unresolved.

0 Likes 0 ·
David Schumann avatar image David Schumann R and R Digital ·
I guess you're not using the delete endpoint, or? That's the issue for me. And the replaceApk endpoint doesn't work for large apks
0 Likes 0 ·
R and R Digital avatar image R and R Digital David Schumann ·

No, we're not using the delete endpoint or the replaceApk endpoint either -- I'm just using the upload endpoint and that works perfectly.

Our game, Cyboid, is under 20Megs in size.

0 Likes 0 ·