question

Rustam avatar image
Rustam asked ·

Alexa android app fan control view

hello,

I am working on alexa skill for smart home.

Every thing is working fine with light but while working with fan, I tried to test it with the android app the app shows the fan(with fan icon) on the 'all devices', but if I press on the fan then it directly shows me the setting for that device. The fan is working fine with the voice command but doesn't shows the control screen.

For light it shows a view (with power button and brightness slider) from which I can control the light. I was hoping the same for the fan but it only shows the setting screen so I wonder if I missed something.

So, I wanted to ask if there is such control view for fan and if there is then what I might be missing?

alexa smart homeandroidsmart home
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered ·

There isn't a control page for all devices and interfaces - check out the following documentation for details on what's currently available: https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/smarthome/best-practices-for-the-alexa-app.html

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.