question

LM avatar image
LM asked

Alexa skill on tablet, phone, tv

An Alexa skill I have developed is supported on both Echo Spot (with only vocal interaction) and Echo Show (with vocal and visual interaction; no videos, just static images rendered with APL).

I wonder whether skills are supported on phones, tablets, smart TVs as well, and how they work.

Specifically: can users send vocal commands to the skill from their phones, tablets, TVs?

And how are visual interactions rendered on these devices?

alexa skills kitfire tabletfire tvfire phone
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

The behavior depends on the device, but in general all Alexa-enabled devices will be able to handle skills. The visual interactions will depend on whether the device supports APL and the resolution of the device itself.

I'd recommend checking out the following documentation for details which covers various situations on supporting devices using APL:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/alexa-presentation-language/apl-support-different-devices.html

10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.