question

newuser-c0703988-2a74-4e04-b07f-a2e89d94a4fb avatar image

Alexa to trigger a webhook

Hey im trying to create an alexa skill that can Trigger a webhook with GET function.

I have searched on the internet but i haven't found a solution to that or how to create one.

i have a home automation system which works with an app called blynk which has buttons to control my appliances and the app has a feature so that the on/off can also be done by a GET webhook , so i want to integrate this feature with alexa skill but with out using IFTTT or ZAPIER because for the small tasks im doing they are very expensive, can anyone tell me a way to integrate webhooks with alexa skill manually?

alexa skills kitalexaalexa smart homeapiweb apps
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Randy Thompson avatar image
Randy Thompson answered

Alexa cannot talk directly to your local devices. So, assuming the "webhook" Blynk provides is a public URL (a URL available outside of your local network), there are a lot of options available to you. If you are using JavaScript/Node.js to code your skill, for example, then you can use something like bent to issue a GET request.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.