question

Gumdrops72 avatar image
Gumdrops72 asked ·

64-bit issue uploading APK to Amazon using Unity 2017

19292-screen-shot-2021-05-17-at-61859-pm.png19291-screen-shot-2021-05-17-at-61908-pm.pngWe are trying to upload an apk which has 64-bit support (ARM64 architecture supported) and it's telling us we don't have 64-bit support.

This appears to be a new issue as APK's we uploaded last week didn't have this problem. Can someone please advise us on how to fix or or resolve this.

We are using Unity 2017

thank you!

amazon appstoreamazon developer portalunity
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Anyone else have this issue? I definitely am building with 64 bit and can see the directory in the apk.

0 Likes 0 ·
R and R Digital avatar image
R and R Digital answered ·

I'm seeing an error with a regular 32-bit .APK -- "Failure to upload."

So I don't think it's just you.

2 comments

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi R and R Digital,

Please login to your Developer Portal account and use the "Contact Us" form to get in touch, so we could investigate that. Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·

Thanks, @Levon -- I appreciate it!
Case #8464816431

1 Like 1 ·
Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting us! For an app to be published on 64-bit devices, the APK should contain 64-bit library folder (lib\arm64-v8a), and it should contain all the libraries that are present in 32-bit library folder. If developers want to target these devices, then they should keep the same set of libraries in both 32-bit and 64-bit library folders, otherwise the app would get published only on 32-bit devices as usual.

If the APK doesn't have 64-bit library folder at all, the check is not performed. Only if the folder for 64-bit is present and it does not contain all the same libraries as 32-bit, then this check is performed and the error message is displayed.

This change was introduced on May 7th, so with the same build, the developer will see this behaviour now. We are working on improving the messaging and will be providing a "Learn More" link.

Developers can target Fire HD 10 (11th Gen) devices only if:

- libs in 64-bit and 32-bit are equivalent (same names and count)

- No 64-bit libs and folder - This will use 32-bit mode for apps as Fire HD 10 (11th Gen) is hybrid device.

If neither condition is met, developer will still be able to submit, but not for Fire HD 10 (11th Gen) devices.

If you'd prefer to disable 64-bit support in Unity, you can do so in Project Settings:

Thanks!