question

nzero-1 avatar image
nzero-1 asked ·

[Feature Request][FireTV] Remote Access like Teamviewer

Hi,

I use the Amazon Fire TV Stick and was very satisfied with it. So I bought one for my parents and one for my uncle.

Anything works fine, but sometimes I need to support them.

The problem is, that they live a few hundred miles away, so take the car and support at the location would take a lot of time.

Because they are a bit older, they do not always understand the technology.

But as I said, in general the Fire TV is very easy and intuitive to control > This means, that the basics (get a radio station / load youtube / see local TV via Internet ...) where learned very fast.

It would be great to have a remote access to the TV Stick, so that I could see the display and make settings. Right now we mange this with a video call and a lot of time...

Ideas for implementations (these are not a must haves!):

To secure the access the user should have to enabe remote access (run an app) and should get a popup like "John Doe wants to get access. Allow it?"

Grant access rights via amazon account:

Both (user and "supporter") should've an amazon account. So the user can grant the right of remote access to the account of the "supporter".

This also makes it possible to personalize the popup at the login.

The connection it self could be done via a centralized connection point. After the connection is established this device should only get alive information - think of it like SIP or sort of passive FTP

This also makes it possible to work behind firewalls, without active changes.

So, what's in for Amazon?

I'm pretty sure, that I'm not the only one whoes parents/fam members live far away and are not that familiar with IT. (in fact some of my neighboars've similar problems or just do not buy such stuff for the parents because of the high costs (in time) of support)

Also this members of the family would like to use the technology (e.g. my mother loves the possibility to listen to music via Fire TV. She would not have the wide range of music like this with local radio stations only).

So it is very likely, that the people would buy Fire TV Sticks for the family members far away, when there would be a possibility to support easily in cases of trouble.

Kind regards!

fire tvfeature request
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the Amazon Developer forums.

Please use the Amazon Digital and Device forum for requests like this: https://www.amazonforum.com

You can also contact Amazon Customer Service: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html

Thanks,
Mike

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.