question

Mahtab Bahman nejad avatar image
Mahtab Bahman nejad asked

Network Proxy setting not being applied for Fire Cube OS 7

Hi there,

I'm trying enable network proxy from developer tools menu, but when i enter the host name and port and press save, nothing happens, when I re-enter the `Network Proxy` settings again, i see that it's set to none again despite the fact that I saved it previously.

Any solutions to this?

This is not happening on my Fire Stick 4k 1st Gen (2018), and proxy settings are applied for the fire stick. But for Cube, for some reason its not applying the settings, seems to be a glitch somewhere?

Thanks

fire tvssl
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered

Hi Mahtab,

Thanks for posting! Could you please login to your Developer Portal account, click "Contact Us" and provide the following info, so we could investigate:

- Make & Model of the TV (ex. Sony KD-65Z9D)

- If there are any other devices connected to the television, such as an A/V receiver, please include the make & model of those devices as well

- Exact date/time and timezone when the issue was reproduced

- DSN (Device Serial Number) of your Fire TV Cube

- Logs for when this issue occured

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sukesh Chintakunta Venkata avatar image
Sukesh Chintakunta Venkata answered

I am also facing this issue. Do you have any solution for this yet?

10 |5000

Jonny Bergström avatar image
Jonny Bergström answered

Me too. I was using this feature on my FireTV cube like a month or two ago - and when trying it out today, same issue as described above, after setting the network proxy it doesn't "stick". If I go into the menu, the network proxy is disabled. And when surfing around using Silk Browser after trying to set it, the proxy is definitely off. Please fix this, ASAP. FireOS: 7.2.7.9

10 |5000

Satish Singh avatar image
Satish Singh answered

Did anybody get any solution for this? I am also facing same problem.

10 |5000

Vinay Reddy avatar image
Vinay Reddy answered

I am also facing the same issue with my device FireTv Stick 4K Max, running in Fire OS 7.2.8.5, is there any solution?

10 |5000

Elena Lagunova avatar image
Elena Lagunova answered

@Levon@Amazon Issue is still happening, do you have any updates on it? Will it be fixed?

10 |5000

g weaver avatar image
g weaver answered

I've also just posted the same issue happening on firestick 4k, with log snippet showing a possible permissions issue.

10 |5000

Support avatar image
Support answered

I am also facing the same issue with my device FireTv Stick 4K, running in Fire OS 6.2.9.1, is there any solution? I cant save proxy changes.

10 |5000

jenifer loras avatar image
jenifer loras answered

I am having the same issue, how to get rid off from these issue any valid solution so please share with me Thank you.

10 |5000