question

newuser-e89e12f1-21e6-4532-a8c4-8e681ec3ec59 avatar image

Amazon Creator: Playlists doesn't work.

I developed and released the FireTV App 1 month ago. However, I noticed today that the app is not getting the playlist (It worked fine until a week ago).
Only the latest work..

On the other hand, the Youtube Channel is provides some playlist.

Is it a bug in the amazon creator?

Please tell me what should I do...

Amazon Creator
screenshot.png (146.0 KiB)
1 comment
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The app shows only latest. Other playlists are hidden. why?

0 Likes 0 ·
screenshot2-min.png (272.2 KiB)
SAM@Amazon avatar image
SAM@Amazon answered

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please ensure you always manage your Creator apps from Creator Console, https://creator.amazon.com/. In case if you are using m3u8/HLS livestream, refer to this tech doc.

Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

WVBS avatar image
WVBS answered

Having the exact issue as above on our FireTV channel made using Creator. It has been working well for almost exactly 2 years. But in the last few days started showing the gray screen with error message "No Content Found Error." After following an option on the Creator FAQ page (https://creator.amazon.com/documentation/ac/troubleshooting.html) to toggle the "Latest" option off to on, I can now see a few videos in one category "Latest" being listed (same as second post above.

It seems that the YouTube username or API is working, because I can see the Latest videos, but cannot see any of the playlists that had been visible and working for 2 years.

Can someone at Amazon confirm or provide a solution?

Henrik Saeger avatar image
Henrik Saeger answered

Hi,

have you found any solution for this?

I am also just use my YouTube channel playlists and non of the will be displayed. A month ago, everything was fine. My app is build by the simple amazon creator tool "Create a Fire TV app" and then just choose YouTube with channel name and API.

Thanks

1 comment

Hi, please refer to the following post shared by another developer regarding to a similar situation:

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/236601/amazon-creator-not-showing-youtube-videos-no-clear.html?childToView=236831#answer-236831

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·
Henrik Saeger avatar image
Henrik Saeger answered

Hi, I have the same problem and is not solved yet. I created an app two years ago and it worked till may. now only the playlists "lates" and "uploads" shows up in the app, non of the other playlists. All videos have embed option enabled, so this is not the problem. When will Amazon react on this? It is realy frustating...

Thanks