question

newuser-e89e12f1-21e6-4532-a8c4-8e681ec3ec59 avatar image
newuser-e89e12f1-21e6-4532-a8c4-8e681ec3ec59 asked ·

Amazon Creator: Playlists doesn't work.

I developed and released the FireTV App 1 month ago. However, I noticed today that the app is not getting the playlist (It worked fine until a week ago).
Only the latest work..

On the other hand, the Youtube Channel is provides some playlist.

Is it a bug in the amazon creator?

Please tell me what should I do...

Amazon Creator
screenshot.png (146.0 KiB)
1 comment
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The app shows only latest. Other playlists are hidden. why?

0 Likes 0 ·
screenshot2-min.png (272.2 KiB)
SAM@Amazon avatar image
SAM@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

Thank you for the post.

Please ensure you always manage your Creator apps from Creator Console, https://creator.amazon.com/. In case if you are using m3u8/HLS livestream, refer to this tech doc.

Thank you.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

WVBS avatar image
WVBS answered ·

Having the exact issue as above on our FireTV channel made using Creator. It has been working well for almost exactly 2 years. But in the last few days started showing the gray screen with error message "No Content Found Error." After following an option on the Creator FAQ page (https://creator.amazon.com/documentation/ac/troubleshooting.html) to toggle the "Latest" option off to on, I can now see a few videos in one category "Latest" being listed (same as second post above.

It seems that the YouTube username or API is working, because I can see the Latest videos, but cannot see any of the playlists that had been visible and working for 2 years.

Can someone at Amazon confirm or provide a solution?

newuser-c3eb14e5-fc2f-4515-8eed-c271faee7b16 avatar image
newuser-c3eb14e5-fc2f-4515-8eed-c271faee7b16 answered ·

Hi,

have you found any solution for this?

I am also just use my YouTube channel playlists and non of the will be displayed. A month ago, everything was fine. My app is build by the simple amazon creator tool "Create a Fire TV app" and then just choose YouTube with channel name and API.

Thanks

1 comment

Hi, please refer to the following post shared by another developer regarding to a similar situation:

https://forums.developer.amazon.com/questions/236601/amazon-creator-not-showing-youtube-videos-no-clear.html?childToView=236831#answer-236831

Thanks!

0 Likes 0 ·