question

gigamike avatar image
gigamike asked

Multiple slots value in a dialog. Is it possible?

Hi,

Is it possible in Alexa Skills to set a dialog with a slot of multiple values? Multiple slot values work when it is set in Intent utterance but when i set it on inside a dialog it doesn't return array slotValues but rather just one line.

My scenario is this and i want to put in a single intent with dialog

User: Alexa, launch home app, help me move home (start of HelpMeMoveIntent with 3 dialogs date, zip and services)

Alexa: when are you planning to move?

User: next week

Alexa: please tell us the zip code of the address you are moving to?

User: 10001

Alexa: We offer essential services assistance like connect electricity, Internet plus TV, Home Security and gas. What essential services do you need?

User: services like electricity, cleaning and insurance <- this is the problem, multiple values when slot declared inside dialog. Instead of returning array of slotValues it just return a value i.e. electricity cleaning insurance.

Any ideas? or other way around for voice design?

Thanks in advance

alexa skills
10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Jason@Amazon avatar image
Jason@Amazon answered

No, you can't use a dialog model for an intent that has a multiple value slot:

https://developer.amazon.com/en-GB/docs/alexa/custom-skills/collect-multiple-values-in-a-slot.html#limitations-for-multi-value-slots

That might be difficult to capture all in one utterance using dialog management - offering options to select multiple services might be an option or one at a time might be suitable as a first step.

10 |5000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.