question

wwuUEI avatar image
wwuUEI asked

Video Skill Enabled, Linked Echo Show to Device, but giving "Watch [ChannelName]" command does not route propertly

I have implemented a video skill (still in development). I was able to enable the skill successfully. Devices were discovered correctly as well. I picked one of the discovered devices and I linked it to my Echo Show. However, when giving the command "Watch [ChannelName]", the response tells me to go to Settings -> TV & Video to set it up. When I navigate to the TV & Video setting, I can see my video skill enabled and my echo show linked to the discovered device.

In my previous experience, when I say "Watch [ChannelName]", Alexa implicitly route this command to the device I linked my Echo Show with.

Note*: When I tried with a different account, the above issue does not exist. I am not sure if this is Alexa account specific.

alexa skills kitvideo skill api
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra avatar image
Amazon_Bernardo Bezerra answered

Hello @wwuUEI and thank you for your message.

Can you please provide your skill ID so I can look further into the issue?

Regards,
Barry

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.