question

newuser-602858cc-0b6a-44f5-ada6-4b4fb93f066b avatar image
newuser-602858cc-0b6a-44f5-ada6-4b4fb93f066b asked ·

Using voice prompts to move to next screen- Alexa APL App development

Hi,

I am unsure of how to change between each screen of my app, I don't know how this can be best implemented. I am currently creating a custom skill which is a productivity app specifically focused on monitoring and analyzing general health and tracking daily activities. I thought about creating an interaction model for this but there would be nothing that could be used as a slot parameter I think. Would this be done within the multimodal responses section entirely? Ideally, I'd like to have it made in such a way that the user says "Alexa, bring me to the Registration Screen" and the screen will automatically move from my default Login Screen I made in APL to it. I am new to development so any tips or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

alexa skills kitaplcustom interfacescustom-skill-models
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Gaetano@Amazon avatar image
Gaetano@Amazon answered ·

Hello and thanks for posting on our forums.

Have you already made the all the APL layouts for all the screens you made, it would be just a matter of rendering the correct layout from a given intent.

For that, you should use the RenderDocument directive:
https://developer.amazon.com/en-US/docs/alexa/alexa-presentation-language/apl-interface.html#renderdocument-directive

Let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
Gaetano

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.