question

bsem avatar image
bsem asked

Amazon Creator not showing YouTube videos. No clear reason why. Any help?

Hi all. I am currently using Amazon Creator to create a Fire Channel, using YouTube as the video feed. I have not yet published it. I've seemingly set up the connection fine, the API and channel ID all check out without any issue. But the videos do not display in the creator. (Actually, to make it even more confusing, one or two videos will show up in the feed, randomly, but most do not). To clarify, I kept all videos private on YouTube until setting up the fire channel. I arranged the videos according to what Amazon Creator suggested (using playlists etc). I then moved all videos to live. I double-checked on YouTube to verify that these videos are now live, accessible, and on my YT channel's homepage. Yet none of the playlists show in the Fire app, nor do any of the independent videos (under 'Latest'), aside from two of them that seem to show arbitrarily. There is nothing special or definitive about the two videos that show. There are a few other ones that will also show if I keep them live too, but out of thirty videos, I can only get 3 to show in the app, and even these are inconsistent because one video was showing, I marked it to private, then marked it back and now it does not show. Further, there is one video that was public, I marked it to private and it still shows in the fire app (despite now being private), only with a gray thumbnail instead of the picture (see pic attached).

I have tried to troubleshoot this based on whatever info I could find online to no avail. Further, I have tried endless ways to try and identify a pattern as to why a handful of random videos will show (of course, none of them are the ones I want), but the majority of them will not.

Can someone please assist me in identifying and fixing the issue? I've spent hours trying to figure this out. I assume it is probably something frivolous I'm overlooking, but I can't seem to nail it down. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fire tvAmazon Creator
dede.png (47.5 KiB)
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

bsem avatar image
bsem answered

I just wanted to update this question so people have an answer that works. I found that the reason some YT videos showed and others didn't is because only some had the 'embed' option enabled on YT. To show in the app, the embed option must be checked. It might help others to include that in directions for total novices. Hope that helps!

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi,

We are aware of the issue with Amazon Creator and are currently working to resolve it.

If you need further assistance, please use the Contact Us form:

https://developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Mike

2 comments

Thanks Mike. I reached out the other day but haven't heard back. Any idea on if this issue will be resolved any time soon? I'm sure it is probably a big problem to address, so I am just trying to plan accordingly. Thanks again, I appreciate the feedback.

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi,

This issue should be resolved now. If you are still having trouble, please reply to your case.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·
newuser-c39fe7ad-042d-44a6-b697-b8225411ea55 avatar image
newuser-c39fe7ad-042d-44a6-b697-b8225411ea55 answered

I don't understand all my playlist are set to embed, yes it works in websites but nit in my firestick channel app. For a whole year nothing was wrong, my YouTube channel showed everything on my channel homepage on my playlist then a few months ago it stopped after my account was set as a official artist page around that time. Now the only thing that will show on my firestick channel it i set it to "LATEST' that's the only thing it shows. When i change it , it says no content found.

Please can someone help, I got an e-mail from amazon talking about they just fiund the issues it is the embed in YouTube my channel settings, this is not the case all my listings are set to play embed videos.

Thanks

Ron S.