question

newuser-508336ab-20ae-4f67-9906-547158876413 avatar image
newuser-508336ab-20ae-4f67-9906-547158876413 asked ·

Committing edit fails

I am using the REST API to create a new Android release

- create an edit

- upload a new apk

- commit fails with a HTTP 400 and JSON response

Unable to fetch the request scope for uri = /appstore/v1/applications/com.nchsoftware.photopad_free/edits/amzn1.devportal.apprelease.ea848078cfc84dfea2e58d45941e476a:commit and verb = POST

In the Developer Console the created edit/Upcoming version cannot be submitted as there is no input "Release Notes"

I see in another post the API does not support setting the "Release Notes"

So it is that I cannot do this completely automatically and manual intervention is needed to add the release notes?

Or is there some other issue I am not aware of. I have tried quite a few variations of the commit and see no issues. This and the other steps work well for Google Play with only URL and authentication differences. All processes up to the commit work with no reported errors

Thanks

EDIT:

I found the cause of the 'Unable to fetch" issue. The documentation I was looking at was not clear and I was using the Google Play form of the commit url (the the base appropriately changed)

According to here

https://s3-us-west-1.amazonaws.com/devportal-reference-docs/appsubapi/swagger-en/index.html

there is a difference, Google Play has at the end

:commit

Amazon API has

/commit

This fixes the 'Unable to fetch issue'

Now it reports that the 'Release Notes'' have not been input

So I am back to my query,,

So it is that I cannot do this completely automatically and manual intervention is needed to add the release notes?

submission testing distributionapiandroid
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Levon@Amazon avatar image
Levon@Amazon answered ·

Hi there,

Release Notes is minimal new required field that needs to be submitted between revisions. Even from Developer Portal if you manually submit a new version, Release Notes is required. From the docs Step 6 we have mentioned updating Release Notes. Can you please confirm if you are not able to update Release Notes in Description field?

Reference: https://developer.amazon.com/docs/app-submission-api/overview.html

10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.