question

Smackgames avatar image
Smackgames asked ·

App rejected - IP issue

So I developed my own game, published it on Google Play no issues. Then took the Google Play components out and submitted the APK to Amazon and got this.

• Your app contains Dead Eye Dagger. Please provide documentation demonstrating that you have the right to use Dead Eye Dagger in metadata images and in in-app by visiting the Contact Us page and selecting the category “Appstore” and the Topic “Content Policy Results”. The documentation must be either a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder or a copy of the applicable license.

What am I supposed to do now to prove I own my own game? Is this because they found Dead Eye Dagger on Google Play (my name as the developer). I have read the various threads on here, but I don’t get it?

Am I supposed to write a letter stating that I xxx, authorise myself xxx to publish my own game?!

There is no other app or game called this, which is why I picked the name!!

publishing policy
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered ·

Hi,

Please provide a confirmation letter from the intellectual property rights holder (even if that's you) or a copy of the applicable license.

I'd also recommend sending a screenshot of your Google Play Store console as confirmation.

If you have any further questions or issues, please use the Contact Us form so that our support team can assist you:

https://developer.amazon.com/support/contact-us

Thanks,

Mike

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Smackgames avatar image
Smackgames answered ·

What do you mean by license? I created the game myself using the Construct 3 game engine. I haven’t registered a global trademark!

1 comment

Hi,

If there's no applicable license, I recommend sending a confirmation letter and/or a screenshot of your Google Play Store console.

Thanks,

Mike

0 Likes 0 ·