question

thingamagig avatar image
thingamagig asked ·

IAP: Email says subscription cancelled. Alexa service still shows ENTITLED

Got an email this morning saying my subscription (to my own skill) has been successfully cancelled (end of remaining portion). I did this on purpose and that is correct.

However, in the Skill, the subscription check is still showing as ENTITLED. In my lambda, I'm checking the subscription like this.

function isUserSubscribed(handlerInput) {
    return new Promise((resolve, reject) => {
        const ms = handlerInput.serviceClientFactory.getMonetizationServiceClient();
        const acceptLanguage = handlerInput.requestEnvelope.request.locale;
        const productId = 'amzn1.adg.product.2c57b914-1d6a-4fc7-9d23-2e01a96b86ad';
        ms.getInSkillProduct(acceptLanguage, productId).then(function(result) {
            console.log("isUserSubscribed result=" + JSON.stringify(result));
            if (result.entitled === "NOT_ENTITLED")
                resolve(false);
            else
                resolve(true);
        });
    });
}
{
    "productId": "amzn1.adg.product.2c57b914-1d6a-4fc7-9d23-2e01a96b86ad",
    "referenceName": "Thingamasub",
    "type": "SUBSCRIPTION",
    "name": "Thingamagig Auto-Roadie",
    "summary": "Jam to your favorite songs while Thingamagig handles your tones, effects, loopers, mixing and lyrics.",
    "entitled": "ENTITLED",
    "entitlementReason": "PURCHASED",
    "purchasable": "NOT_PURCHASABLE",
    "activeEntitlementCount": 1,
    "purchaseMode": "TEST"
}

What's going on here? Why do the email and the IAP request/response conflict?

(Yes, I have checked that the user receiving the email and the Alexa Skill user are the same account.)

alexa skills kitiap
10 |2000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

thingamagig avatar image
thingamagig answered ·

The answer was to clear test purchases.

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

KatC@Amazon avatar image
KatC@Amazon answered ·

Hello there,

I understand that a subscription cancellation does not seem to have reflected in the developer console. Most cancellations are “soft”, meaning that rather than immediately losing subscription status, a user's subscription simply won’t be auto-renewed in the next period.

If that wasn't the case, or if you’re still seeing the incorrect subscription status for your user, I would be happy to look into this for you. This would require some account-specific research, so I recommend messaging us through the Contact Us page, where you could privately disclose the customer’s ID and verify the skill ID and share any other helpful information about accounts or devices.

That page can be found in the developer console- sign in, click the top right icon with three circles, and select “Contact Us” (https://developer.amazon.com/alexa/console/contact-us#).

Best regards,

Kat