question

andy avatar image
andy asked

I can't reproduce the error the amazon developer support team has reported

I can not reproduce the error the amazon developer support team has reported on last app submission. Here is the message I have got:

We are unable to test your app as it does not function as intended. The app exits/ force closes/ freezes/ displays an error message after being launched. 

This app requires internet connection to make something usefull, in other case it will show the error message - did you mean that?

I've tested the app on real device as well as on two different emulators and can not find any issues you reported.

Please note, that the app language is not English, so are you sure a tester realy understood whats going on on screen?

Can I get a more details on what's going wrong (screnshots or whatever) to make it clear?

I created a new Case: 7717281961 on that.

amazon appstoreapp submission and updates
2 comments
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

The standard policy used to be that submission team on all similar failures provided screenshot (just one), console log (just one), and steps to reproduce. So, check that details page whether you have at least that console log.

However, for the past two/three months, it looks like Amazon hired a new test team in Elbonia that doesn't understand English, as such those items are usually not included there.

If you don't have anything, keep banging on that contact us case, and on that note above.

1 Like 1 ·

I've got a different result (reason) on the same submission, after I contacted them through the form. To its credit, they respond quite fast.

1 Like 1 ·
Mike@Amazon avatar image
Mike@Amazon answered

Hi Andreas,

Because this issue is specific to your app, we aren't able to assist in the public forums.

A member of our support team is already investigating your issue, and they should get back to your shortly.

Thanks,

Mike

1 comment
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Hi Mike, thanks, i've got a reply.

0 Likes 0 ·
TheATeam avatar image
TheATeam answered

It sounds like you managed to make some progress with this. Can I ask you what you did to get a response? We have exactly the same issue. A report of failure from the testers but no screenshots or logs and certainly nothing that allows us to replicate the problem.
Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated!

10 |5000