question

Christian avatar image
Christian asked

Fire TV Inapp purchase MFA not working

I use the latest IAP SDK (2.0.76) and followed all the instructions. However there is an issue which must be on Amazon side. After the user accepted the purchase and entered his password, a 2FA / MFA website opens. With the remote it is possible to enter the code, but it is not possible to press the LOGIN button, even if it has focus. I can reproduce it with my Fire TV devices (latest devices with all Fire OS updates applied). A lot of my customers reported this and cannot purchase my apps.

iapfire tv
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Christian avatar image
Christian answered

Maybe this logcat entry helps (occurs when clicking OK):

E/AmazonProfileService: Key event KEYCODE_DPAD_CENTER is not filtered becuase feature flag is not set.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

Sheldon@Amazon avatar image
Sheldon@Amazon answered

Hello CyberDream,

Thank you for posting. Relevant team is investigating the issue and we will post here as soon as we have an update.

Regards,

Sheldon

1 comment
10 |5000

Still no solution and not even an answer. People with 2FA are NOT ABLE to use IAP. Please wake up.

0 Likes 0 ·
Christian avatar image
Christian answered

Any news on this? I get daily reports of customers who cannot purchase. I can reproduce it as well.

10 |5000