question

broderp avatar image
broderp asked

Alexa wont read responses or shipping updates

This is a recurring issue every year. Around the holidays Alexa notifies me I have an update, message or answer to a question on a product. When I ask to hear the response it replies with "to avoid spoiling ...blah, blah, answers wont be read and you will need to see the response on your account messages...or something annoying like that. I want Alexa to read everything. I don't care about spoilers, I live with my wife and we both use the account so there are no secrets and this change is very frustrating. How do I turn it OFF?

Thanks.

xcodealexa wont read messages
10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

Taras Overchuk avatar image
Taras Overchuk answered

You need to go to Alexa app settings, open Amazon Shopping in Notifications section and you can enable notifications for gifts or items bought around holidays.

But note that this forum is to discuss questions about developing devices with frustration free setup feature.

10 |5000

Up to 2 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 512.0 KiB each and 1.0 MiB total.